7am: Meet at Mary’s Vineyard corner of Hwy 198 and Ben Maddox Way if you want to carpool to Sequoia Park with us.
- It is hot in the valley but cool in the mountains.
- Beginners and experienced anglers welcome.
- The water level and flows are perfect for trout fishing.
- Wet wading, no waders needed, wearing wading boots works well.
- 2-5wt rod with floating line works great. See picture above.
- Trout are friendly and taking dry flies.
- A dry dropper rig is a good 2nd choice.
- Bring your favorite big, small, crazy dry flies. (Ant, beetle, coachman, humpie, Adams, midges, caddis, etc)
- Markets and stores in the park are now open.
Contact Mark Cave for more details: