National Park Service has made the following information available:
- CalTrans (Calif Dept of Transportation) will be opening Hwy 180 into Kings Canyon & Cedar Grove at 12 noon on Friday, April 27th, 2018.
- Sentinel Campground – Some loops open. Loops will open to meet visitor needs. (All loops open by Wed, May 23, 2018)
- Facilities closed: Visitor Center, Lodge (Market, grill, showers, pack station), Wilderness Permit Station, etc.
- Restrooms – Vault Toilets @ all Trailheads and Picnic Areas are open
- Day Hiking: trails likely haven’t been cleared/repaired, advise visitors they may experience downed trees and damaged trails due to heavy rainfall. Visitors should expect snow coverage above 7500′.
- Remind visitors they will need to bring their own food.
The Kings Canyon – Sequoia National Park Spring 2018 Newsletter has a lot of really good information about the park, as well as information that you should note before you visit. That link will open the newsletter in a new tab.