|Written by wayne thompson|
|Kaweah Fly Fishers have five outings that are held on an annual basis.
1. The trip to Bishop, usually held on President’s Day Weekend, mid February.
2. The Kaweah Crawl hosted by Mark Cave. The destination for the Kaweah Crawl is small streams in Sequoia National Park and and the Sequoia National Forest and is usually held in the first half of May depending on run off.
3. Kelsey Bass Ranch Memorial Weekend, late May. Float tubes or wade the shore for big bass followed by a terrific dinner put on by the club.
4. The Kings River Classic held on the Kings River at Boyden Cave and points upstream. This outing is characterized by a very non competitive fishing contest capped off by a really great dinner at Convict Flat Campground.
5. The striper and bass outing is held the day after Thanksgiving at O’Neill Forebay.